Brazilian striker ‘dreams’ of moving to Europe amid Barcelona, Real Madrid links

Barcelona target Vitor Roque has said that although former Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo is his inspiration, he has no set preferences between Madrid and Barcelona, saying that making a leap to Europe is every Brazilian’s dream.

Roque, who has attracted Barcelona’s interest of late, shed light on several aspects of his career in an interview with Mundo Deportivo, including his take on Raphinha and the upcoming Copa Libertadores final.

Starting off with Ronaldo, the 17-year-old said, “I really like Cristiano, he is an inspiration for his work, he is an inspiration as a child.

As Ronaldo’s name came up in the conversation, questions about a potential move to Real Madrid or Barcelona were bound to come up. To this, he said, “I have no preferences, I like all the greats in Europe. It is a dream for any boy who plays football in Brazil to be able to make the leap to a big player in Europe.”

“I like both [Real Madrid and Barcelona] of them, they are two very big clubs, which are always at the top,” he added.

On Raphinha, he said, “He’s a crack, very fast, it’s like a machine.”

Roque has been key to his team’s success in the Copa Libertadores. In six outings in the competitions, the 17-year-old has scored two goals and has provided two assists. During the semi-final rounds, he scored one and assisted the one which was enough to warrant a place in the final.

Speaking about it, he said, “It is a dream, I did not imagine that all this could happen in such a short time, there is a lot of work behind it, but I can work more and more.

“I’m thinking about that game a lot, I want to win this title and score the goal that gives us the title to make my family very happy

“I don’t feel pressured, I like to play under pressure. I try to be calm, focus on the game. I like to play under pressure,” he added.

Lastly, he went on to admit that his immediate dream is to win the Copa Libertadores and it is only after that, that he will think of playing in Europe.

“Of course, it’s a dream, but I have to work and work so that when that opportunity comes I’ll be ready.”

The post Brazilian striker ‘dreams’ of moving to Europe amid Barcelona, Real Madrid links appeared first on Barca Universal.



from Barca Universal https://ift.tt/pOJuIQb
via IFTTT
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url